Frequently Asked Questions

How long have you been in business?

College Grads has been providing dependable service to our Customers since 1986.

Are you licensed?

We are licensed to perform in-state and out of state moves.

Are you insured?

We provide every customer with government mandated Basic Cargo Coverage at no additional cost. Upgrades in Coverage are available with minimal additional charges.

What should I do with the gas in my lawnmower, paint, turpentine and other combustibles?

It is against the law for movers to transport flammable and combustible materials. Safely drain and dispose of all combustible or corrosive materials including: household paints, bleach, propane tanks, gas cans and fuel in power equipment.

How can I reduce the cost of my move?

By disassembling and reassembling your own beds, cribs, tables and dresser mirrors, you will realize substantial savings.

Am I allowed to do my own packing?

You can pack your own items to save money. If you wish, College Grads will provide you with the proper materials and technical and advice on how to prepare properly for your move.

How can I get the proper packing materials?

Just call the nearest College Grads office and an assortment of cartons and materials will be delivered to you promptly. (Refer to our “ Areas Served Page” to contact your local College Grads office.)

What about perishable foods and plants?

Perishable items and plants can not be safely shipped in moving vans. Please dispose of or give away these items before the move.

Why do movers sometimes put more than one household shipment in a moving van?

In order to increase their profits, most movers will combine shipments. This usually results in a delivery window 7-10 days. College Grads does not combine shipments. You are given exclusive use of our moving vans resulting in timely deliveries. This results in no mishaps caused by subcontracting to other carriers/vans or combined shipments.

Do you disconnect and reconnect major appliances?

We will disconnect and reconnect any items that do not require special licensing. Gas dryers, washers, stoves, and refrigerator water lines should be disconnected and reconnected by a licensed professional.

Still have questions? Contact Us!