Best Monmouth County Moving Company
May 24, 2018
May 24, 2018
Looking for the best Monmouth County Moving Company? There are many moving companies out there. It is best to do some research in finding one that meets your needs and requirements. College Grads Moving are the Monmouth County Movers that takes pride on being the college moving company you can afford.
Best Monmouth County Moving Company | Here are a few tips on how to pack for a move:
- Start with a plan making sure nothing is forgotten or left behind.
- If an item is not going to be used in your new living situation, it may be time to get rid of it.
- Use a few strips of packing tape on the bottom of each box for extra support, especially with books, which tend to be heavier.
- While you pack boxes for individual rooms it is a good idea to label each box knowing what is inside and where it will be going.
- The better the packing materials you use the better protected your items will be.
- Take inventory of all the content in each box, number them and have a list prepared listing all of your items. There will be no question once you arrive at your destination and searching for certain items.
- Set out to pack a room every few days making sure all will be done with enough time. Taking it a little at a time makes it easier to manage.
- If you are moving in the winter, make sure you box up summer clothes and visa versa. You will be better prepared with the items you need for the current season.
- Each box should contain items from one room so it is easier to unpack and there is no confusion.
- Do not forget to pack closets, cabinets, basements, attics and storage areas.
- You should pack an essential box. These items are things you need right away and are at hand. For example, light bulbs, screwdrivers, scissors, paper towels, toilet paper, pen and paper.
- Do not over pack boxes making them impossible to move. They should all be similar in weight making it easier for the movers and for you when unpacking.
- If boxes are not fully packed, fill them all the same so that there are fewer chances for items to be floating around and banging each other with a possibility of breakage.
- If possible keep all clothing and linens in drawers, which would be easier to just pick up and place back in cabinets untouched.
- Before unhooking things like the bed take some pictures so that you are aware of how to put it back together again and you do not have to reach and search for the manual that has been lost or misplaced. Also, take picture of the electronics, taking them apart and knowing where wires get hooked. That way there is no confusion when putting them back together again.
- Transfer your clothes right on the hangers. It is easier for you when reaching your destination to just grab the hangers and hang them in your new closet.
- Try to use up all perishable items. The less you have to transfer the better. There would be less a chance of items getting ruined.
- Finish packing before moving day. Before all the equipment arrives do a final check to make sure everything is packed. Do not waste time on moving day packing, you will have enough to do and your energy could be saved for unpacking.
Best Monmouth County Moving Company | Organization is Key:
The biggest and most important key to moving is to be organized. This will help you and your movers to move a lot faster and get to your new destination. Need the best Monmouth County Moving Company? Give College Moving Grads a call today at (732) 595-9416 for all your moving needs.