10 Things to Pack in Your ‘Essentials’ Box for Your Move
It’s no secret that packing and moving is a tedious and time-consuming process- both packing and Unpacking seems to take forever. Even if you did organize and label your boxes well, compiling a couple ‘Essentials’ Boxes can help to make the first few days of your move much less stressful. The question remains, what should I make sure to pack in my ‘Essentials’ Boxes?
- Clothes for the next few days. This includes work clothes, undergarments, socks, pajamas, a sweater (depending on the time of year), and whatever else you feel you may need for the next few days.
- Sheets, pillows and blankets for your bed. Unless you want to be sleeping on the sofa or on a mattress without any sheets without a blanket to keep you warm, definitely put a set of sheets along with a pillow in your Essentials Box.
- CHARGERS. Chargers for your phone, your laptop, your laptop charger, and whatever else you need to keep powered without needing to dig around your boxes to find.
- Toiletries. This includes a towel and a washcloth, shampoo, soap, conditioner, a toothbrush and tooth paste, a hairbrush and a razor. If you’re a female and you use a hair dryer, be sure to pack that also, along with your make up and whatever else you need to get ready in the morning.
- Tylenol and Band-Aids. Moving is a stressful process, so it’s not unthinkable that someone may get a headache at some time during the move. It’s better to be safe than sorry, so pack a couple Tylenol into your Essentials Box, along with a Band-Aid or two for any bumps or cuts that could happen during the move. If someone is prone to allergies and you’re moving during the fall or spring, then pack some Benadryl.
- Scissors and/or an All-Purpose Cutter. It sounds odd, but what if you can’t open your boxes- and your scissors are packed away somewhere?
- Trash bags for throwing away garbage as you unpack your items. You’ll have a lot of packaging material and no-where to put it if you forget to pack these in an easy to get to place!
- Unless you want to go to the grocery store right away- pack TOILET PAPER.
- Snacks and water bottles. True, you could run to a nearby grocery store, but it’s generally easier to make sure to have at least a couple snack bars and drinks to sustain you during your initial move so you don’t have to make a special trip to the store, causing a delay to the move itself.
- Perhaps it’s not essential to EVERYONE, but most people agree, they need their cup of coffee in the morning to wake up. So, pack your coffee maker along with your coffee and a mug in your essentials kit so you can wake up knowing your cup of joe is waiting for you in your new kitchen!