Do I really need a moving company?
November 16, 2016
November 16, 2016
If you’ve been hesitant to decide if you really need a moving company or not for your move, we’ve got a checklist for you!
- This is my first time moving
- If this is your first time moving, hire professionals. Insufficient moving experience on your part can cause what seems to be a smooth transition to turn into disaster.
- I don’t have family or friends available or willing to help
- Don’t let your move turn into a one man or one couple show. Whether or not you believe it, you can’t do it all by yourself with no problems! Something is bound to creep up that will cause a slowdown in the process when you haven’t hired experts to make the move for you.
- I have antiques, expensive , and valuable items to move
- Breaking an antique piece of furniture due to inexperience, not enough help, or bad packing in the truck will be devastating. Experienced movers know exactly how to pack, protect and safely move your antiques and valuables.
- I am moving long distance (coast to coast)
- Long distance moves are best left to a mover who specializes in long distance moves. Save the time, money and hassle when renting a truck and calculating mileage!
- I am moving state to state
- Same as above, interstate moves can cost a fortune factoring in tolls, trucks, gas, and mileage on the truck. Hiring a moving company to do it all will save you time, energy and money in the end!
Even if you’ve only checked one box on this list, we recommend hiring an experienced moving team. Especially if you’ve never moved before, it can be a daunting task packing, hauling and moving all of your items from one home to another. Experienced movers do this for a living, moving and packing you quickly and efficiently. We hope this checklist will be all you need to decide to hire some help for your next move. Let us know if we can help!