News & Updates
November 6, 2017
When it comes to hiring Princeton movers, you are going to want the fire a company that will do a great job at a reasonable price. This can be a difficult task due to the ample amount of Princeton movers out there. On top of that, most companies all seem the same to most people looking for the service. Below are some tips that will help you have the best possible experience with your Princeton movers:
Choosing Good Princeton Movers
- Hire a local mover. If you hire a moving company based in your area, you’ll avoid being tricked into doing business with an shady mover operating solely over the internet. Consider visiting the offices of different Princeton movers and checking out their equipment.
- Get multiple estimates. Get at least three written in-home estimates. Be suspicious if an estimate is unusually low or if the moving company provides an estimate over the phone or online without sending a representative to scope out the job. It may be a sign of scam.
- Verify credentials. For moves between states, a mover must have a number issued by the Department of Transportation. It serves as a license that identifies commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce. If the Princeton movers you’re considering are licensed, they must provide the DOT number on its website and in its advertising. The mover also must have a carrier number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Read reviews and complaints. See what other customers are saying about the companies by searching the web with terms such as “complaints” and “reviews.” Find out whether the Princeton movers have a report with the Better Business Bureau, which has reviews of more than 20,000 moving-related companies. Look at the letter grade the BBB has assigned the mover and read about any complaints, reviews, and government actions.
- Be wary of large deposit requirements. A moving company shouldn’t require a deposit of more than 20 percent of the estimated cost of the move. Many Princeton movers won’t require any payment until your belongings are delivered. Put any deposits or other payments on a credit card, so you can contest the charge if there’s wrongdoing.
Looking for the Best Princeton Movers?
College Grads has been providing dependable, quality moving, packing and storage services in New Jersey and the Continental United States since 1986. It is said that the best compliment any service can receive is a referral. 65% of our new bookings come from our past customers & their referrals. Our Central NJ service towns include: Princeton, Piscataway, Hazlet, Holmdel, East Brunswick, Red Bank, Cranford, East Windsor, Rumson and many more. For more information on our Middlesex County moving & storage services, you can call 732) 246-4454 or visit the website.