News & Updates
September 22, 2015
There are already a lot of things to think about when you’re moving. Your mind is constantly going from one worry to the next. Will everything fit in the new space? Will I be packed in time? How will I fit this piano in my new home? The last thing anyone wants is to get injured, suffering an injury could hold up your move and possibly prevent you from getting out of your place and into a new one on time.
We understand that for many people it’s a money saving task. People feel that if they pack, lift and move themselves, they will not have to pay a mover. Understandable, even so, one needs to be mindful that even an in-shape person can get hurt doing new tasks like packing and lifting boxes. These are movements and activity that most of our bodies are not used to. Follow our tips to prevent injury while moving.
- Remember, lift with your legs. We’ve all heard this before, but it is something we quickly forget. For the most part our lower body has more power and musculature than our upper body or our back. When lifting something off the ground that is particularly heavy, rely on your legs to push you up and save your back the work.
- Hold the Object Close to Your Body. Our sedentary lives tend to put our joints in a deconditioned state. When we start to utilize our bodies for projects other than the norm, joints can become hurt. Keeping objects close to the body will put less stress on the joints.
- Pay attention to body position. Keep elbows flexed, head up and neck straight while lifting. The most minor changes in position of these body parts, combined with a heavy lifting load can cause a muscle sprain or strain.
- Get expert help when you need it. Don’t be a hero, once you get to your new place there is plenty of work ahead. If you are injured, unpacking and getting settled can be most difficult. If you need help lifting or something is too heavy for you, call in an expert.
Choose the educated way to move. College Grads Moving & Storage can safely pack and move all of your belongings and save you the possibility of injury. If you are a New Jersey resident planning a move or are in need of assistance moving call us today!
August 3, 2015
Moving is the third most stressful life event that you will experience. There is a lot involved in the whole process, from initially deciding to move to the actual move, if you’ve never done it before it’s important to be completely prepared for what’s in store. We recognize that the most stressful thing is packing and moving the entirety of your home from one place to another and that’s why we’re here. Hiring a professional moving company will take that stress away, so that you can sit back and relax. To make your life easier, the guys at College Grad’s Moving & Storage are here to give you some tips and advice on using a moving company to make your first move.
- Planning Ahead: Book your moving company in advance! There are certain times of the year, summer especially, that everyone moves at the same time. Making sure you have your company booked early will keep you at ease knowing you won’t be left doing the moving to yourself when moving companies are already booked. Although we do offer last minute moves, it can sometimes be difficult to get the exact day or week requested if not scheduled in advance.
- Accessibility: What are the obstacles that a moving company might run into? Consider things like steep driveways, apartment rules and regulations, elevators, stairways, loading zones and so on. Considering these potential obstacles is important before your moving crew shows up. Notifying us ahead of time will help us with planning so that we can figure out the best way possible to get your move done quickly, efficiently and safely.
- Packing: As a full service moving company, we offer packing services to our customers. Many wish to pack their own possessions as they are concerned about protecting certain valuable items, but don’t take into account the weight of the box or how it will be loaded on the truck. Our College Grads are trained in packing boxes as well as the trucks, we know the proper ways to bundle and secure valuable or breakable items in order for secure safe transit to the end goal.
- Moving Day: We are always reachable, you can always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. Again, we know this process is stressful, especially if it’s your first move. We are happy to answer your questions and help to put you at ease. You will be notified when we’re on our way so that you can prepare for us.
Whether it’s a local or long distance move, College Grads Moving is here for you! We are a Family Owned and Operated Company that has been providing dependable and quality Moving, Packing, and Storage Services throughout New Jersey since 1986. Call us today to schedule your move.Moving in NJM