News & Updates
November 6, 2017
When it comes to hiring Princeton movers, you are going to want the fire a company that will do a great job at a reasonable price. This can be a difficult task due to the ample amount of Princeton movers out there. On top of that, most companies all seem the same to most people looking for the service. Below are some tips that will help you have the best possible experience with your Princeton movers:
Choosing Good Princeton Movers
- Hire a local mover. If you hire a moving company based in your area, you’ll avoid being tricked into doing business with an shady mover operating solely over the internet. Consider visiting the offices of different Princeton movers and checking out their equipment.
- Get multiple estimates. Get at least three written in-home estimates. Be suspicious if an estimate is unusually low or if the moving company provides an estimate over the phone or online without sending a representative to scope out the job. It may be a sign of scam.
- Verify credentials. For moves between states, a mover must have a number issued by the Department of Transportation. It serves as a license that identifies commercial vehicles transporting passengers or hauling cargo in interstate commerce. If the Princeton movers you’re considering are licensed, they must provide the DOT number on its website and in its advertising. The mover also must have a carrier number from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Read reviews and complaints. See what other customers are saying about the companies by searching the web with terms such as “complaints” and “reviews.” Find out whether the Princeton movers have a report with the Better Business Bureau, which has reviews of more than 20,000 moving-related companies. Look at the letter grade the BBB has assigned the mover and read about any complaints, reviews, and government actions.
- Be wary of large deposit requirements. A moving company shouldn’t require a deposit of more than 20 percent of the estimated cost of the move. Many Princeton movers won’t require any payment until your belongings are delivered. Put any deposits or other payments on a credit card, so you can contest the charge if there’s wrongdoing.
Looking for the Best Princeton Movers?
College Grads has been providing dependable, quality moving, packing and storage services in New Jersey and the Continental United States since 1986. It is said that the best compliment any service can receive is a referral. 65% of our new bookings come from our past customers & their referrals. Our Central NJ service towns include: Princeton, Piscataway, Hazlet, Holmdel, East Brunswick, Red Bank, Cranford, East Windsor, Rumson and many more. For more information on our Middlesex County moving & storage services, you can call 732) 246-4454 or visit the website.
August 17, 2017
Are you searching for the perfect moving & storage company? Many people are taking on the challenge of moving this summer. Whether you need a long distance moving & storage company to take your household possessions to another state or are wondering how much to tip movers, here are some tips on how to choose the right moving & storage company.
Choosing the Right Moving & Storage Company
- Find a reliable mover. A quick Google search for a local moving & storage company will get you a bunch of different results. However, what you want to find is a mover with a good reputation. Reading online reviews is helpful, but a recommendation from someone you know is even better. Ask coworkers, family members, or people who have recently moved into your neighborhood if they can recommend home movers.
- Get three moving estimates. Most movers will provide potential customers with a free moving quote. Some companies prefer to work with non-binding moving estimates. This means you’ll be charged based on the moving services and products provided by the moving & storage company and the actual weight of all your things once they are loaded onto the moving truck. A binding moving estimate guarantees the final moving cost and is based on the estimator’s quote once he or she has toured your living spaces and garage. The big advantage here is that there won’t be any surprises and will know exactly how much your move is going to cost up front.
- Which moving service is right for you? Depending on your budget and needs, hiring a full-service home moving & storage company means they’ll handle as much or as little of your moving checklist as you’d like. Choose from having the movers pack everything in your house and garage, only fragile items, or any combination of services. Professional movers know how to move your furniture without getting injured, and will disassemble your beds and then reassemble them in your new home. If you plan to put some or all of your household possessions in a storage unit, be sure to prepare your furniture for storage ahead of time.
- Moving out of state? It is never advisable to use a moving & storage company that cannot provide you with an operating license number and verification of insurance. This is especially true if you are hiring a company to move you across state lines. Ask for the moving company’s US DOT number before signing on the dotted line.
Looking for the Best Moving & Storage Company in NJ?
College Grads has been providing dependable, quality moving, packing and storage services in New Jersey and the Continental United States since 1986. It is said that the best compliment any service can receive is a referral. 65% of our new bookings come from our past customers & their referrals. Our Middlesex County NJ service towns include: Cranbury, Piscataway, Middlesex, Sayreville, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, and many more. For more information on our Middlesex County moving & storage services, you can call 732) 246-4454 or visit the website.
July 21, 2017
From years in the business, we know that especially for first-time movers, the moving process can leave you full of questions and important decisions to make which add up quickly developing unnecessary stress to your already stressful moving experience. Read More
July 13, 2017
Moving during the hot summer months isn’t easy, even when you’ve taken all of the precautions, and heeded all of the warnings, its impossible to be prepared for everything! Packing and moving in the heat incorrectly can lead to broken or damaged items, spilled and melted essentials, and dehydration! Read More
June 20, 2017
One of the top complaints of people when moving is the financial burden that it places on them. Not only have most quit or taken time off of their jobs, but the cost of a new home especially if you have to furnish it can be a huge burden. For this reason, many think hiring a moving company is too expensive and opt to “save money” by moving themselves. Read More
May 20, 2017
Our phone operators get a multitude of questions every day from people just like you looking to move. When searching for the right moving company, we know there are questions on each persons check list to be satisfied. We’ve made a list of some of the top questions that our customers ask and we’ve got your answers. Read More
March 21, 2017
There are so many moving companies out there New Jersey, so why should you use College Grads Moving and Storage?
- Local Area: We serve the entire state of New Jersey, giving full service for local and long-distance relocations. We know the New Jersey area, including the surrounding areas, very well. We’ve been moving people throughout NJ since 1986!
- Top Ranked: We are among the top ranked moving companies in New Jersey. We are widely known for our stellar reputation, the care we take and specialized service.
- Experience: Our team is hand picked full of experienced moving staff. From packing and loading the truck to unpacking and complete set-up at your new location, our experienced team has done it all.
- Free Estimate: We provide free estimates through our easy to use online contact form. Once you submit your request, one of our dedicated service staff members will reach out to you.
- Additional Services: We offer some other services to help you make your move as successful as possible. We offer packing, unpacking, dismantling and reassembling, crating and uncrating, short and long-term storage, long distance moves, and more.
- Family Owned: As a family owned company we pride ourselves on old-fashioned family values. Trust, respect, responsibility and reliability are values we have instilled in our team. These values shine through with each move that we complete!
If you’re looking for a moving and storage company that stands out among the rest, you’ve finally found it. Fill out our free estimate form today and let us move you!
February 11, 2017
From Mercer County to Somerset County we are your New Jersey moving company. You won’t find another moving company that knows the Garden State better than College Grads Moving & Storage. With over 28 years’ experience in the industry, New Jersey residents have been counting on College Grads to provide them with high quality moving services for years. Read More
January 20, 2017
Scratching your head trying to decide which moving company to use? Stay smart! There is a more educated way to move, with College Grads Moving. Our family owned and operated business cares about getting your move completed right. We absolutely stand out among the rest with our reputation, care, and specialized services. Let us prove it to you.
Since 1986, College Grads Moving has been providing dependable, quality moving, packing and storage services locally in New Jersey, and around the United States. We can tell you firsthand that the best compliment any service can receive is a referral because about 65% of our new bookings come from our past customer’s referrals. We greatly appreciate each and every referral and that is why we work extra diligently to give the best service every move.
The Care We Take
We treat our crew right so that they stay motivated to keep doing the superior job that they do. We personally recruit, train and hire all new staff members and we do not accept employees through temporary agencies. Giving our staff a bonus for all referrals which result from any moves they have completed helps us to recognize the amazing staff we have and keep them motivated to servicing our clients.
We keep our service simple, our customers only deal with one set of movers from loading to delivery. Sub-contracting to other carriers, mixing customers goods in a truck and delivery delays are just not acceptable in our book.
If you are in Central or Northern New Jersey and looking for a moving and storage company, make the smart move and call College Grads Moving today!
December 19, 2016
The New Year is coming, which means it’s time to start anew and clear out all of the clutter in your home. If you’re moving this December, even better! Moving is a perfect way to get organized and weed out the items you don’t use. Utilizing your storage space will help you to sort through the excess and avoid overwhelming your new home.
If you don’t plan on using all of your furniture just yet, put it in storage. Whether due to limitations in space, nostalgic attachment to an item you’re not ready to get rid of, or you aren’t sure where it fits in your new home, put it in storage. Give yourself time to think about where it should go, why you’re keeping it, and if it fits in your new place.
Pack up your seasonal items, organize and label totes or boxes and put them in storage for easy access as you need them. Although you may need your holiday decorations, winter clothing and travel gear right now, you don’t need decorations for other holidays, summer clothing or surfboard. Store them! Don’t simply make room that could be better suited for everyday items.
Antiques and keepsakes are another set of items you may want to store. Using a temperature controlled storage facility, you can be sure that these items are safe and secure until you want to use them in the future. Make sure the facility you are using has video monitoring and an alarm system to protect your valuables.
Luckily, there is a moving company that is here to take care of moving and storing these types of items for you. Call the professional movers of College Grads Moving and find out more about our NJ storage facilities with 24 hour video monitoring and alarm system. We’d be happy to move you as well!