News & Updates
May 11, 2016
There is a reason that moving is one of the most stressful events in people’s lives. There are a wide variety of things to do in one small period of time, and adding that onto the already busy schedule of an average person in 2016, it is enough to drive you crazy! That is why there are companies like College Grads Moving to help you during this time. We know home buying should be an exciting time not a stressful one. Read our tips on why you should avoid the stress and hire a professional.
- It’s not always cheaper to do it yourself. Many homeowners believe that moving themselves will save them the money. However, this is a hard case to make due to the number of costs and factors that actually come into play during the moving process. Even the “simple” tasks of obtaining packing materials, renting a truck, tolls, gas etc. can add up.
- Packing can be more than you bargained for. Packing a home requires time, dedication and lots of man power. This Is really not something that can be left until the last minute. Knowing which things to pack ahead of time, which to pack last, labeling for efficiency, and protecting precious items with enough packaging are tasks in themselves! When a company packs AND moves you, this is a major plus as they can guide you through the packing process, secure your precious items, and see them safely to your new home.
- There is a chance you may be injured. Sure, you’re in “great shape”, but did you know that moving mistakes such as lifting something incorrectly can leave you laid up? How will you unpack all of your items when you have a new low back issue? Over packing boxes can lead to hefty items to transport, and cumbersome furniture is no one-person task.
- Renting a moving truck can be challenging. How do you determine what size truck to rent? You may end up paying extra for a truck too large, or have to make two trips with a truck too small.
- Relying on family and friends does not always work perfectly. Your college buddies said they’d help, all they need is a pizza and some beer and they are there. Well, when you’re in a time crunch and need their help, will they actually be there? Family engagements, work meetings and doctors’ appointments can all come out of the blue and you don’t want to be left hauling everything on your own.
Don’t be scared, the professional and educated movers at College Grads Moving are ready to help you with your move. We pack and move our clients to take the burden off of them and to let them get to the excitement of the move.